Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tendril Trace


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNzK28eCdc8  (Sting: Come again)  A poem for my girl Tuesday.  I know the words of the song are beautiful, and so too I hope are the words of my poem.

Come again, come again
Simple request
He only held out his hand
He knew that this was

Best… to watch for know
He knew
She feared her wounds
And believed they made her

Less… some think that each wound delivered
Invites a hint of death
But a wise gardener knows
That pruning actually
leads to the

Best… of times, beauty savage
All in her possession
The time is to step forward
No retreat no

Regression… it’s the here, the now,
I know
that you will find
That days long past
Remain long past
And now’s the best of

Times.. times insistent press
So will she answer my request?
Answer arrives
Eye meet eye
Hidden grin
The storm rekindled

She moved effortlessly,
Elegance embodied.
In a subtle sultry sash
Across the floor.

She is beauty incarnate
Lithe form with sylvan call
Her gentle trace
Her beckoning eyes
Still cause one to

Fall… into a tendril trace upon the mind

No comments:

Post a Comment