Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wireless Contact



Wireless contact
My calls unanswered… 2 months, 1 week
Don't think I notice
But I do
Til
Sunday at three
My son Sam
Called for me

Though he was supposed to spend summer
Didn’t happen
Mom kept back
But I digress
All of my grief
In the brief
Didn’t matter

Sam full laughing response
Quick lines inform
Will call back
Later
“Looking forward” reply
Now
But
Before
Contact broken
“Dad,”
Urgent influx
Only a parent would know
“I love you.”
As radio waves dissapate
Carry my reply,
“I love you too.”
He didn't return the call later
Don't know why
Doesn't matter
For words were passed
However brief
In

Wireless contact

4 comments:

  1. This is my favourite portion and it is the key stone of this particular arch:

    “Dad,”
    Urgent influx
    Only a parent would know
    “I love you.”
    As radio waves dissapate
    Carry my reply,
    “I love you too.”

    ReplyDelete