Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Turning from your window




I asked you to take off your sunglasses
Nervous hands complied to my simple request
I smiled as you began  
Turning from your window
Hand softly disturbing the lace curtains that covered
Distorted laden glass panes
That
Had to pass as
A cage to contain
A silent sapping rage
At what I no longer know

Your naked  eyes dull spoke
What I refused to hear
The game had gotten out of control
But you noticed
What you hadn’t noticed
When
Embers erupted into fire
You laughed, the joy of a free woman
It filled the sky with elation
You danced, each step craving to push one step further
It surprised you
It scared you
The fire must be contained
So
Fierce in suffocating
Passions pure fire
Dancing flames orange reduce to blue
Then
Burning embers red
That refuse to die
Meanwhile
You keep your sunglasses on

No comments:

Post a Comment