Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The moment

The moment

Lady Gaga / Eurythmics / Enigma / Kazaky - Electric Rain

The moment
Of hesitation
That
Silent space
Universal pause
Exhausting pain
Deadening
In the wait
While
Fates at play
Or the distraction
Of the action
Does it wait?
To find if you are strong
If you belong
In your rise
Inconsiderate
Yet passionate
Defiant in
Consistent challenge
Earnest challenge
Demands
"Why do you wait?"
To an empty sky
Before the deluge
Creates a flood
Pouring
New life cascading
If one can only survive
The moment
of hesitation

2 comments:

  1. This has merit. I wish, though, that I knew the mission which followed the "moment of hesitation.": Why the hesitation? What is the "challenge"? What kind of "deluge"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good questions. But I guess that is what poetry is supposed to do. I wrote this in reflection of my challenges regarding preparation for my documentary, but... then I noticed it could be expanded to any time you try to start a new project or go in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete