Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Waiting on a train

Letting go of 2013




At first I thought It was a streetlight
Bloated
Shapped
Like a pregnant woman laying on her side
Unaware of the precious light within
Loathing her beauty
Or the change
Of day to night
Only to find
It could have been the moon
That shape
Knowing
One cannot trust their eyes
If the imagination is out of focus


The lion continued to roar
I had yet to face loves greatest lesson


The stationary refuge of
Art deco depot
Housing a homeless man
Who shivered in short sleeves
Arms tucked in
Desperate for shelter
Words sought release
Communication barks in statter step pace
Hitting a halting syllabic sing song
THACK-THACK "Not me, Not me"
I look
Am passed by
As I try to forget

The lion continued to roar
Snarling pace before
Loves greatest lesson


One had left
Before Delilah danced
In soft pirouettes
Turning
Forever in circles cycling slow
To return to themselves
Eyes turn
To the crossing gates signal
Of the oncoming arrival


But
The train
In two transfers
Would take me close
To a home
I longed to turn to
But never could
Although I knew
I tried to not let show
Loves greatest lesson
and letting go


No comments:

Post a Comment