Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Which way is down

When You're Falling | Playing For Change | Sweden

It wasn't supposed to be this.  I had clearly typed in youtube The great escape the wire.  It was going to be a poem of defiance.  Of importance of the one.  The one she was unable to destroy.

Yet this song came up.   What was I to do?

I know her secrets.  I could tell them.

I know my secrets.  I could tell them.

Should I?

Yet...

Who wants to hear tales of defeat.  That the world will strip...
Slowly...
Surely...
All that you thought.

Replace... if you let it...

Strip... if you let it....

All of your dreams.

Breaking to your knees....

Till the visionary...

Continues to lie...

Only to himself.  Keep the dream alive.To turn towards the strike... the fist.  Upon the contact stark refuse to budge.  Defiant.  Refuse to give the pleasure.  Refuse to relent to the victory of the other.  Your muscles tension.  Building energy.  Ready to defend.  To counter...

Yet...

Rather...

To smile.  "Is that all you got?" through bloody lips pass.  Strike fear into the persecutor.  You know...

Their games so charlatan.

So amateur.

So played by fear...

You laugh.

You know.

The gods delight in you.

They are falling.. in this world... ever so fallen.

Their victory is obliterated...

By the simple defiance...

of refusal...

To be beaten.

You have won
Nothing
Through your beatings
You have shown nothing
Save
You are the ultimate looser
Enjoy
My sweet
Your feeble strikes
May they help you sleep
Slumber
In your world

I can tell which way is down

Salud



No comments:

Post a Comment