Monday, April 15, 2019

Roadblox

The Prodigy- Roadblox (Fury Road)

Dear Andrew... so the letter began.

I could tell that they had no idea who I was.  I am Andy.  Do you see my achievements?  Do you see my publications?  My award winning documentaries?  Little matter.  I have done all that you said I should.  I have acted my part, so glorious in  play, yet always has the deck stacked against me. 

How did I respond?

A simple e-mail.  I asked how I could improve myself for the next available slot.  I did this perhaps in defiance of the fact that I have improved all that the nameless, faceless, rep from HR told me... improve your service hours.  In academia, I surround myself with a glorified Jr. High school.  What clique do you belong to?  Are you one of the approachable ones?   Little did they now.... 

Scoundrels cloaked in fear.

Save me.  I am indefinable.  In response to your byzantine levels... I laugh.  At lest I own myself. 

So my response carried... what can I do?  What can I do?  To make me more hirable to other colleges or Universities?  Tell me?  Or in other words... describe why I was refuted.  The best.  The boldest.  The brightest.  Brought low....

Explain.

That is all I asked.

So kind.

So clever.

Justify your love... or lack.... thereof.

I am the one on the outskirts.  All my students love me.  I am an excellent professor.  I am... I am... I am the cornerstone the builder refused.  I am not asking why.  I am merely asking you to help me succeed. 

If you hate me... that is okay.  We don't have to like everybody.  I merely thought my almost ten years of excellent service to you was worth something.  Especially as the district once offered me a full time job.  At least before I was honorable enough to offer them my treatment by the History School at UNT.  Look in pride my colleagues. Mercurial pride brought forth a harvest of flowers... all of which died a day after they bloomed.  Bene!  Celebrate your victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment