Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The eyes have it


Shining circular sanctums
Entry to the soul
Tempest tossed
Yet placid
Mystery unfold...
ing

Yet
Fluid boundary
Full crimson lines
Pleasure plumb
Passion filled
Ruby red
Knowing the power
Of the whispered coo
Might give one pause
Instead

While her precious words
Sing song speak
Fierce intellect and
Wit
Remain
Hidden
To some
Reflective of a cunning
That holds both
Captive

For metered rhyme
Is not totally free
Unless she trusts enough
To allow
To look
Into her eyes

Which silently speak
Volumes
All their own
Cutting to the quick

Or the heart
Of the matter
Is the heart
Of the matter
Which always
Is in her eyes

The eyes will always have it my friend
It’s all about the eyes

2 comments:

  1. It was such a great birthday surprise to be directed to this blog. I love your work. I love this poem. You are an excellent writer and my favorite "new" poet since e.e. cummings. It is a fact. I love you, dear Andy. You deserve an excellent life. Please have one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such glorious words from a recognized artist. I am glad that it was able to evoke such words as you have been able to inspire so many to attain their best. I hope I am able to forge an excellent life, but until then I will have to remain in pursuit.

      Delete