Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How long have I been asleep?



Copy and open in new browser.  Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXIJSGAWQfE&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9AA5VMn3YvVZXTg2bBqshOP (Spain: Our love is gonna live forever)

            All it took was his touch.  The light trace.  Tenderly he brushed the few stray bangs from her forehead.  Still dressed for work, she had kicked off her heels and fallen asleep on the sofa.  Surrounded by the warmth her body radiated, she seemed so peaceful.  She was so elegant, so beautiful.  He almost wanted to let her catnap continue.  Almost.

While fully dressed on the sofa is not the ideal place for a nap, the fatigue of the day had prompted her mid-day call by the sandman.  Gazing at her, he could so easily see her physical beauty lying on the couch, but he always longed to talk to her.  Though her beauty captivated, it was always her fierce wit and hidden spirit he so admired.  He gently began to brush her cheek, feeling the warmth the body radiates after it has awoke, prompting a gentle purr from her finished by a “How long have I been asleep?”  “Don’t worry about that,” he said,” now that I’m back, you are awake again.”      
Eyes, weighed down by sleep, opened slowly to find the room lit in the half-light of candles.  Though one might expect her to be confused, upon seeing him standing next to the sofa, she broke into a half smile.  “What are you doing here?,” was her sleepy question.  He laughed quietly.  “It’s time for me to be back.”  Looking at the clock on the DVR, “that late already?,” she began to stir.  “I have to….”  He stopped her as he sat next to her, “Don’t worry about it, I’ve already taken care of it.”  She smelled the distinct pinch of spicy peanuts, and garlic lofting in the air.  A definite sign that he had gone to the Chang Mai Grill.  With a knowing smile, “Did you go to CG’s?”  “Now why would I do that,” he responded with a smile as he crouched next to her.  Playing off his game, she began to stir to get up, “Well I guess I better get…,” Stopping her, he relented.  Speaking in a Scottish accent, “Alright now me lass, ya got me.  I got you Thai, jus like ye like now.”  She smiled as she knew what his next words would be, “Lets give us a kiss now love.”  She grabbed the sides of his face and gave him a loving warm kiss.  When the kiss was over he stood up and just looked at her. 

             Seeing her eyes begin to slightly furrow, he asked “is everything alright?” “Ohm, I had that dream again,” she began as she looked into her eyes.  “Again?” he asked as he placed a tender kiss on her forehead.  “Yeah, I was lost in the city trying to find my way back home.  For some reason I had to get back home, but all the streets kept changing.”  Again, she felt the softness of his touch gently brush her cheek.  “Was I in this one?,” he asked.  Her brow furrowed, “I looked for you, I think I saw you, way back in the distance,” she began to run her finger along his cheek “but you were so far away.  So far away.”  “Well, its obvious that that was just a dream,” he said with as he slowly leaned in towards her, “you know I am always close to you.”  Her hands, softly cupped his face.  “I am in your heart, as you, you are in mine.” A silent tear began a gentle trace down the elegance of her cheek.  With a gentle pull she pulled his warm lips to hers.  An eternal moment of unspoken eloquence ensued.  He pulled back to look at her.  He was amazed.  She looked at him, and she knew she was safe.  “You ready eat?”  he questioned as he began to kiss her hand, gently tasting each finger.  “Not yet,” she cooed.  “Not yet?  I thought you wanted Thai?”  “That’s not what I want,”  she said as she pulled his ear close to her mouth.  In a breathless whisper, the words “Whisper to me,” slipped from her mouth.  He turned his head.  Softly kissing up his way to her ear.  Between the kisses to her ear he said “I… will… whisper… if… you… are… awake….”  “You with me aren’t you?” she asked as she gently cupped the side of his face.  “Yes,” he said as his lips began to caress her ear.  “Then I have never been more awake.”  With that said, soft whispers accompanied by soft caresses.  Followed, and the whispers, well the whispers of the soul roared.