Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Tell me about the rabbits, George"



“Tell me about the rabbits, George.  Tell me about the rabbits.”
Knowing full well
“My names not George.”
Lunatic Lenny laughs

Grey mane, American build
Best that money can buy
Sunglasses make it
So difficult to see
For he
Or she
If one cared to see

Crude penmanship scratched
Battle of pen and sheet
Name complete

Infantile script
Reveal ‘George’
“See!” proudly exclaimed
As paper proudly showed truth
If only one cared to see
“My names not George”

Whatever

Just tell me about the rabbits

Gallery of rogues
Georgia boys drinking Pepsi
Tommies knocking on the door
Financial savant ‘christians’
Now Toni and Dawn
Search for the missing third
Just as in LIFE
“He likes it!  Mikey likes it!
“All right!”

Maybe

The list goes on
But
“You can always give
Jus' a little more
To the Lawd”
That’s all she wants
Salvation if the price is right
So
The next contestant can
“Come on down!”

Maybe

Sacrifices bleed green

Maybe

One, two, three…
For
It’s all about family
Sheltered smirk
But who grins?

Her marks are all the same
To play this game
Must turn into
Con men grifters
Who liked to paste
Their dirty pictures
Of
Placebo past
For fake futures
All buried
In shallow graves
Only a reach
Away

But who plays who

Images
Of what
They want to be
So desperately
Hoping fiction would hide
Reality

Fiction to hide reality

What a concept

In the dark
Lie to me
Or
To me lie
Which one?

All the same to
Troglodyte acolytes

Just

Tell me about the rabbits George

No comments:

Post a Comment