Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The most Dangerous man in America

Music: Rare Earth I just want to Celebrate


I am the most dangerous man in America.  You can call me “free thinker”.  What does this political aberration believe?  Don’t worry… it’s some pretty Radical stuff.  Crazy ideas like ALL men are created equal.  That they have been endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Radical… I know.  The clever eye might say ohh look he only said men, he must be sexist.  To them, I would merely say… grow up.  Oh, another clever eye might notice that I said nothing about government giving us our rights.  Bingo bird.  The government gives absolutely no rights.  It only serves to limit them.  You are responsible for you.  But guess what… this same YOU is also responsible for YOUR neighbor.  I know.  Crazy talk

So in my crazy world view where does the power come from, if not the government?  To them I would say look at the little word inside of power.  It’s a small word.  You may not even notice it.  WE.  That’s right We.  Who is this we?  ‘We the people’ of course.  To me, my ‘we’, are a precious group of people I call my friends. 

Some of my friends are Democrats.  I am not a Democrat, but that’s okay...
I am a free thinker

Some of my friends are Republicans.  I am not a Republican, but that’s okay...  
I am a free thinker.

Some of my friends are butchers, bakers, candlestick makers. 
The wretched, the righteous, the sinners and saints.   
I still love them all without restraints.

And that’s okay…
I’m a free thinker.

Defiant fist
Cavalier grin
Worn out tools
Will build all again

Tomorrow
The sun
Will continue to rise
Never let YOUR power
Leave your eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment