Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Play it again

Joe Jackson Slow Song

Play it again.

A slow song

Maybe
The masks
The fear
The points that draw us near
As fast
As they pull apart
Will be gone
Just for a moment
Just for a pause
I know you can't stay
Afraid you might say
The truth
It could slip out
So well hidden
Mating underbrush
In our secret garden
Fiction is the lie
That reveals the truth
Relity obscures

For at least there
I can stroke your hair
Draw my finger
Across your cheek
Stare
Into your almond eyes
To be
Complete
Just for a moment
But the reality
I see
That which obscures
And
Like a fool
A madman
I loved you
For yourself
Despite yourself
But mostly
Your
True
Self
Truly
So
In the end
I loved her
Bumbling
Striving
Perhaps awkward
But forever earnest
And sometimes

Sometimes

---I think

She loved me

Play it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment