Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Ain't no angel

Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia

So it was

As I do.  I do.  I check the stats.  Who has read the post?.  What posts have been read?  That is when I see.  Posts from years ago.  Where pain was paramount.  Like a simpleton he thought they might be from her.  Her.  The one.

She was the one who set the template.  The Exemplar.  The one who had set, and destroyed, the crucible of love.  The one who I fell in love with at first sight, at second sight, at every sight.   What is she doing?  When I sat in the car... after your pitiful barrage, Your remember, your feeble throw thrown in a fiend outrage. You displayed true thoughts of me,  The one who had scarified all.   I deleted your phone number.  Obvious... to the oblivious... that love... well it might die.

Well not really.  Love never really dies, it merely transforms.  Into another emotion.   Maybe hate, maybe despair.  All I know is that I wasn't the one... the one who turned my my back.  The one who ripped the card, that one that had been so carefully written.  About the whole friendship thing... you remember... you were the one who had ripped it in half.  Celebrate your victory!  What the fuck was I dong there anyway.  Thinking you were something more.  You showed me!  :)

That one seemingly so small.

All you had to do was give a send for contact back.

You never did.  From the truest love you have ever know.  I hope you find the vagabond Latino you were looking for, you remember, the one you mentioned in the the phrase as you turned away.  Oh hold on... you thought you had.  Ah well...

Salud!

Though I would rejoice at the accidental pocket call...

I don't expect it.  Your scared hand.. is forever too scared.  You want to scare the hell out of somebody... give them what they truly want.

Salud!


No comments:

Post a Comment