Wednesday, December 20, 2017

I smile

AC/DC - Thunderstruck remix

I am Andy Galloway, M.F.A., M.A.

A man of letters.  Emerged from a world where the battles are so fierce... because they are so small.  A world where the majority of those who appear to be firebrands, so full of fire, are little more than cowards once the heat touches their feet.  Where the ability to see from both sides is sadly gone.  Where we are to teach how to think... rather than what to think... is absent as well.  Hollow men.  Shallow men.  Cries from wrinkled hands, extolling little more than dogma that has been held so preciously to for so long.  So fearful that if they loose that... they loose everything.

Molto Bene.

You made a mistake however.

You gave me my letters.  My defiance stared you in the face.  Be so excellent they cant deny you.  And excellent I have been.  Though my face might be battered, bloodied, bruised, I smile.  I passed.  I will accept honors so rightly deserved.  Do I have to remind you of the ambush.  The false accusation.  I smile, abeit through gritted teeth. 

I teach.  I instruct.  I change lives.  What do you do?  What do I see?  Creation of Automen pushed though the system?  Like products in a factory.  Well done.  Turning hallowed halls into little more than isles at Wal-Mart.

I smile, albeit though gritted teeth. 

The dumping neurosis, the numbing, Push forward students who call the thinking of others ignorant without a reflection as to why?.  It matches your march.  Jack step for Jack step.  No need to question.  Salud.

I smile, albeit through gritted teeth.

Outside of your enclave... I win awards.  Audiences tell of how the cannon is desperately lacking of documentaries like mine.  They hail.  They cry, to listen to voices unheard.  But not my masters... at least at that time.  Now... though I have more... I am you equal.  Salud.

I smile, albeit through gritted teeth.

The shuffle.  The dance.  I still respect all... save for the one.  Poor little rich girl who left my grade a C though from all evidence collected I clearly earned a B.  Salud.  You have no respect for me, and I have none for you.  And guess what... that's okay.  You revealed yourself.  Stress doesn't build character... it reveals it.

I smile, albeit through gritted teeth.

I am Andy Galloway, M.F.A., M.A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment